develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: RFC: Removing several undocumented functions from the Perl core

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
December 4, 2012 01:22
Re: RFC: Removing several undocumented functions from the Perl core
Message ID:
50BD4FE4.3030008@khwilliamson.com
On 12/03/2012 06:02 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
>> But this option only defines the function when PERL_CORE or PERL_EXT is
>> defined, thus it isn't good enough for these macros.
>
> That's 'E'. AFAIK 'X' should work independently.
>
> Leon

Sorry about that

But X doesn't work either.  The documentation for embed.fnc in blead
says that "A" does the following:

  add entry to the list of exported symbols (unless x or m);
  any doc entry goes in perlapi.pod rather than perlintern.pod
  makes '#define foo Perl_foo' scope not just for PERL_CORE/PERL_EXT

That last bit is not done for E+X.  I just tested it to be sure.