develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: Does Unicode mandate a collation order?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
December 3, 2012 19:29
Re: Does Unicode mandate a collation order?
Message ID:
50BCFD7E.3070803@khwilliamson.com
On 12/03/2012 12:11 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM, ольга крыжановская
> <olga.kryzhanovska@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Leon, thank you for the http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/ link.
>>
>> How can I figure out which Unicode standard version Unicode::Collate
>> does implement?
>
> You can use Unicode::UCD::UnicodeVersion() to get the Unicode version
> of the perl version you're running. Alternatively you can use
> Module::CoreList to look up the (default) Unicode version of previous
> perl releases.
>
> Leon

I have not used Unicode::Collate, but the docs say you can download
prior versions of Unicode.  I believe that blead's copy has been updated
to Unicode 6.2.  It does not necessarily have to track Perl's version,
as it has its own data files from Unicode.  But, I believe it has
recently anyway, been kept up to date