develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2012

Re: perl smokes with -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT (or-DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE)?

From:
George Greer
Date:
November 25, 2012 19:38
Re: perl smokes with -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT (or-DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE)?
Message ID:
alpine.LFD.2.02.1211252236570.19998@ein.m-l.org
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if any one the numerous Perl smokes is building with
> -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT, or even more hardcore,
> -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE?  They were originally conceived for the
> Symbian port, they hide/remove all global data symbols (global
> variables), turning the embeddability to eleven and twelve, if you
> will.  (If compile barfs, needs more dVAR: see perlguts for more
> information.)

I recently added PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT (and PERL_OLD_COPY_ON_WRITE) to my
non-quick smokers but I just thought of a way to add
PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE too without causing too much extra build time
so I'll do that too.

--
George Greer