develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2012

[perl #2754] [BUG] can't exit 0 from CHECK{}

From:
Matthew Horsfall via RT
Date:
November 25, 2012 05:31
Subject:
[perl #2754] [BUG] can't exit 0 from CHECK{}
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-17500-1353850261-1970.2754-15-0@perl.org
On Fri May 04 12:15:22 2012, Hugmeir wrote:
> > I appeal to greater powers for a "public API"-acceptable fix. :)
>
> I reappeal to greater powers for a "public API"-acceptable fix. Would be
> nice to get this bug closed once and for all!

Hmm, does this actually break the contract of the public API?

The docs that I've found don't specify any specific return values, they
just show through example that:

(From perlembed.pod)
     exitstatus = perl_parse(my_perl, NULL, 2, embedding, NULL);
     PL_exit_flags |= PERL_EXIT_DESTRUCT_END;
     if(!exitstatus) {
        exitstatus = perl_run(my_perl);

So as long as perl_parse returns a false value when it succeeds, we
should be good?

-- Matthew Horsfall (alh)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open