develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2012

Re: Perl 5.12.5 is now available

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
November 11, 2012 13:49
Re: Perl 5.12.5 is now available
Message ID:
20121111214912.GJ1868@iabyn.com
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 08:09:12PM +0100, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> I'd understand if the version number chosen was 2.391 or 2.3901 but the
> underscore, which normally means 'development version', bugs me.

The underscore has also been used for modules within the perl core to
indicate that they are an unofficial fork, not necessarily sanctioned by
the module's author, and not an official release.

--
The Enterprise's efficient long-range scanners detect a temporal vortex
distortion in good time, allowing it to be safely avoided via a minor