develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2012

Re: perl 5.16.2 is now available

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
November 2, 2012 04:51
Re: perl 5.16.2 is now available
Message ID:
20121102135053.49267868@lap.shlomifish.org
Hi François,

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:45:31 +0100
François Perrad <francois.perrad@gadz.org> wrote:

> 2012/11/1 David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>:
> > On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Ricardo Signes
> > <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> >>   the strain.  At last, when Trurl had grown extremely impatient, the
> >>   machine ground to a halt and said in a voice like thunder: SEVEN!
> >
> > Heh.  Haven't read that.  Nice quote.
> >
> >> We are happy to announce Perl 5.16.2, the third stable release of Perl
> >> 5.16.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > I should update my release history chart sometime soon.
> >

> for another chart, see http://fperrad.github.com/graph-versions/perl.html

It would be nice if the charts allowed some JS interaction so you could point
the cursor at a data point and get a hover with some data. See for example the
interactive charts on:

http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/ .

I can try asking about the server-side source for it, but I think it's in PHP,
and you can always do something similar with just the right JavaScript
libraries.

What I said here is a "nice-to-have" and not an absolute must, naturally.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish