Re: sub signatures - status - I'm going quiet for a while ...

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
October 31, 2012 17:40
Re: sub signatures - status - I'm going quiet for a while ...
Message ID:
5091C4ED.7020602@x-ray.at
On 10/29/2012 06:20 AM, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 07:59:05PM -0400, Peter Martini wrote:
>> * Rename the proto attribute to prototype (Father C prefers prototype, and
>> I don't recall anyone else having a preference one way or another)
 >
> "proto" could conceivably also mean "protocol". "prototype" is nicely
> explicit.
>
> And also aligns with the CORE::prototype() function to retrieve it.

But it doesn't align with perl6 and signatures, which already use proto.

http://perlcabal.org/syn/S06.html#Named_parameters
http://search.cpan.org/~barefoot/Method-Signatures-20120523/lib/Method/Signatures.pm#How_does_this_relate_to_Perl's_built-in_prototypes?