DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #138

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
October 30, 2012 05:20
Subject:
DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #138
Message ID:
20121030121945.GL8925@iabyn.com
This week I continued working on PADRANGE.

The basic optimisation (replacing pushmark and N pad ops with 1 padrange
op) is complete, as is the replacing of multiple individual SAVEt_CLEARSVs
with a single SAVEt_CLEARPADRANGE. I have also finished re-implementing
the overlay facility directly in B.

I have also got an initial proof-of-concept effort working of replacing
the pushmark/gv(*_)/rv2av associated with the RHS of my($x,$y)=@_, with a
single flag bit in the padrange op. It just needs some code cleanup,
adding tests etc.

I spent most of the week however doing a major overhaul of the B::*OP
part of B.xs, simplifying the code and restoring compatibility with
5.16.x.

Report for period 2012/10/22 to 2012/10/28 inclusive

SUMMARY
-------

    Effort (HH::MM):

        0:00 diagnosing bugs
       26:55 fixing bugs
        0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
        0:00 reviewing ticket histories
        0:00 review the ticket queue (triage)
       -----
       26:55 TOTAL

    Numbers of tickets closed:

           0 tickets closed that have been worked on
           0 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
           0 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
       -----
           0 TOTAL

DETAIL
------

[perl #114536] Optimize assigning to scalars from @_

    2012/10/23  3:35 fix

    2012/10/24 11:15 fix

    2012/10/25  4:15 fix

    2012/10/26  0:20 fix

    2012/10/28  7:30 fix

--
Dave's first rule of Opera:
If something needs saying, say it: don't warble it.