smoke-me/davem/ext-B feedback

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
October 27, 2012 13:30
Subject:
smoke-me/davem/ext-B feedback
Message ID:
415941D9-3C55-436C-9CC5-DB591A20AEE4@gmail.com
I smoked most of my B modules with this branch, it looks good to me.
And I appreciate the new version logic.
Besides 19b4476dc8271b7933 ext/B: remove pre-5.10 support

   Expunge all conditional code that supports 5.6.x through 5.9.x,
   making 5.10.0 the oldest release notionally supported.
   This simplifies things considerably.

This commit makes it considerably harder to maintain libraries based on B.
These libraries need to work on all perls, not just the one p5p cares to support.
You cannot even read my modules, so how would a B author like me be able
to understand the older changes? ppport also supports older releases.