Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
October 11, 2012 15:12
Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup
Message ID:
20121011221234.GH1009@timac.local
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 07:40:10PM +0200, Steffen Mueller wrote:

> >Perhaps there are unexpected costs elsewhere. Basically I'm saying that
> >digging deeper here may yield lessons that could be applied elsewhere.
>
> Quite possibly, but it'll be for somebody better than me.

Ditto. My interest far outweighs my experience or knowledge.
I may get around to playing with this stuff, but it won't be soon.

I just found this, which seems full of interesting (and useful sounding) details:
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optimization-manual.pdf

Also http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/cg-manual.html#cg-manual.acting-on

And http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/dh-manual.html#id415696 looks
like it might provide a way to see how cache-friendly the my_perl
structure layout is.

Tim.