Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 10, 2012 00:05
Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup
Message ID:
20121010090543.347787e1@pc09.procura.nl
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:03:30 +0200, "H.Merijn Brand"
<h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:29:11 +0200, Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org>
> wrote:
>
> > - Configure support required. Merijn, Andy, could you help me with this?
>
> yes, I could/can, but I'd like to feel the general opinion first.
>
> Adding stuff to Configure seldom(ly) gets removed, so I want to be sure
> this is something to stay.
>
> ++ for digging into speed-ups
>
> I know Reini aims for 750%+ but every 10% counts. I would not use it
> myself, as I don't use taint on 95% of my work, but I do in 5%. At this
> time those 5% are not (yet) important for speed. I would like to see a
> run-time option to get the same speed gain though
>
>  $ perl -⊥ -E'…'
>
> Then one could add -⊥ to PERL5OPTS for speed gains :)

In case it wasn't clear, -⊥ is a joke: upside down T
for -t we could have -ʇ (U00287 \N{LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED T})

using perl5.00307 .. 5.17   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE