Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 10, 2012 00:03
Re: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup
Message ID:
20121010090330.36adf06d@pc09.procura.nl
On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:29:11 +0200, Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org>
wrote:

> - Configure support required. Merijn, Andy, could you help me with this?

yes, I could/can, but I'd like to feel the general opinion first.

Adding stuff to Configure seldom(ly) gets removed, so I want to be sure
this is something to stay.

++ for digging into speed-ups

I know Reini aims for 750%+ but every 10% counts. I would not use it
myself, as I don't use taint on 95% of my work, but I do in 5%. At this
time those 5% are not (yet) important for speed. I would like to see a
run-time option to get the same speed gain though

 $ perl -⊥ -E'…'

Then one could add -⊥ to PERL5OPTS for speed gains :)

using perl5.00307 .. 5.17   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE