RE: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup

From:
bulk 88
Date:
October 9, 2012 12:28
RE: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup
Message ID:
COL115-W243D83A15C17B89440CB3ADF8F0@phx.gbl

> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:29:11 +0200
> From: smueller@cpan.org
> To: perl5-porters@perl.org
> Subject: Compile option to disable taint mode: speedup
>
> Dear all,
>
> After reading Reini's blog post, I spent a commute on adding a compile
> flag (-DNO_TAINT_SUPPORT) that replaces virtually all taint-related
> operations with no-ops. It's in a branch on camel at smueller/no_taint
> and can't go to blead quite as-is.
> Any more sophisticated commetns than Reini's "10% don't matter"?
>
> Best regards,
> Steffen

I like the idea. I've never used taint, and never had a reason to use taint. Security on a Perl level is irrelevant for my business uses of the Perl language.