Re: [perl #2898] some reports on byteloaded modules

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
October 7, 2012 13:30
Re: [perl #2898] some reports on byteloaded modules
Message ID:
1809.1349641804@chthon

"James E Keenan via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote
   on Sun, 07 Oct 2012 08:25:10 PDT:

>On Thu Mar 30 10:31:39 2000, tchrist@chthon.perl.com wrote:
>> You can kind create byteloaded modules and use them like
>> regular ones.
>>
>> Can we compile it?
>>
>>     % perlcc -b -o /tmp/Carp.pm `perl -MCarp -le 'print
>> $INC{"Carp.pm"}'`
>>     [random noises deleted]
>>     [Exit 0]
>>
>> That would be a yes.  Can we uncompile it?
>>
>>     % perl -MO=Deparse /tmp/Carp.pm
>>     /tmp/Carp.pm syntax OK
>>     % perl -MO=Deparse,-p /tmp/Carp.pm
>>     /tmp/Carp.pm syntax OK

(etc)

>This ticket was filed twelve years ago and has been in the Stalled queue
>for six years.

>Is there any problem that needs fixing here?  If not, I recommend we
>close the ticket.  I will do so within seven days unless there is
>serious objection.

>Thank you very much.
>Jim Keenan

Well, that one was about the compiler tools, so no longer applies
to the core no matter what.

--tom