Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
October 7, 2012 06:46
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
20121007134559.20257.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 9/16/12 3:07 PM, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I’ve been dealing with people who have little to no experience with
> Perl over several years. A very common problem for people who are new to
> Perl is to figure out why a Perl script does not work when it spits
> something in their face along the lines of
>
>      Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.12.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.12 /usr/share/perl/5.12 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at -e line 1.
>      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

For the record, a very similar discussion took place six years ago in
https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=40516, which is still in
the stalled queue.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan