Re: CPAN.pm on VMS: (was Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core)

From:
David Golden
Date:
October 1, 2012 10:17
Re: CPAN.pm on VMS: (was Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core)
Message ID:
CAOeq1c_nJh6GTsWLpsNYKdD5rk+kjC9xnM_RH5M=2-5gZF4T-g@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Craig A. Berry
<craig.a.berry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for looking up how it's done.  No, they are all defined (from a
> recent blead build directory):
>
> $ search config.sh installprivlib,installarchlib,installsitelib,installsitearch
> installarchlib='perl_root:[lib.VMS_IA64-thread-multi.5_17_5]'
> installprivlib='perl_root:[lib]'
> installsitearch='perl_root:[lib.site_perl.VMS_IA64-thread-multi]'
> installsitelib='perl_root:[lib.site_perl]'

Then I'm stumped. If that sub I quoted returns true, then you
shouldn't be seeing the warning about not being able to write to
system perl directories.

> else is going to be done with that directory specification.  Typically
> we would also need to name the directory _cpan instead of .cpan
> because (by default) you can't have a directory name that has a dot in
> it.

So that's the number one hurdle to solve, then we can see what else breaks.

David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg