RE: Module API

From:
bulk 88
Date:
September 30, 2012 19:22
RE: Module API
Message ID:
COL115-W48173C300C6B078B37461FDF870@phx.gbl

> From: jvromans@squirrel.nl
> To: demerphq@gmail.com
> CC: perl5-porters@perl.org
> Subject: Re: Module API
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:20:29 +0200
> I'm not very familiar with Perl internals in this aream, but years of
> experience with fiddling with modules tells me things as:
>
> - build file name from module name
> - build module name relative to another module name
> - load a module by name
> - load a module from file
> - unload a module
> - check if a module has been loaded
> - locate module files from a module name (for plug-ins)
>
> -- Johan

These questions aren't limited to only to Johan.

How will XS vs Pure Perl be handed?

How will static linked XS vs shared library XS be handled?

What is a module's name? the distribution/tarball's name? the pm file's name? a package within a pm file found by the PAUSE package line scanner? meta.yml name?

How do you unload a static linked XS module?

How do you unload a pure perl pm module? call an END block in it? remove from INC or wipe the package? Do you wipe child packages too?

EU::MM vs Module::Build?