Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core

Dave Rolsky
September 30, 2012 09:43
Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core
Message ID:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> better, that's the one I favor (e.g., I'd be happy to see us admit
> that Module::Build has failed to supplant MakeMaker and remove it from
> core).  In the particular case of CPAN/CPANPLUS, the latter is the one

Not to drag us too off-topic (again), but this can (probably) never
happen. As long as Module::Build is used by modules on CPAN, shipping it
in the core is a very good thing. At a minimum, the core needs to ship
with all the modules needed to install more modules off of CPAN,

Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)