Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 30, 2012 06:42
Re: [Round 2] Taking CPANPLUS out of core
Message ID:
CANgJU+UAjHnKokxscaacV3KoR7MrFS1nhn4dKq_gFpA8yx6e3A@mail.gmail.com
On 30 September 2012 15:29, Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the second round of deliberations on the subject of CPANPLUS. There
> were many comments in the original thread and as usual the discussion also
> spiraled into several sub-threads on different topics. I don't want to miss
> either and I don't want the subject to get stale so I've starting a new
> thread with the summaries I've gathered. I hope that's okay.
>
> CPAN.pm vs. CPANPLUS on VMS:
> A raised issue was that CPAN.pm doesn't work right on VMS, which is why
> CPANPLUS is used. Is CPAN.pm really broken on VMS?

Im sure it is just an artifact of how you worded this, but it sure
sounds like you doubt Craig's word on this, which doesnt make sense to
me. I think you can assume if he says its broken that it is broken.

Yves