Module API (Was: Re: Taking CPANPLUS out of core)

From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
September 29, 2012 13:10
Subject:
Module API (Was: Re: Taking CPANPLUS out of core)
Message ID:
m2pq54wpx2.fsf_-_@phoenix.squirrel.nl
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> writes:

> I favor keeping Module::Loaded (along with Module::Load::Conditional
> and Module::Load). Having a nice core API to do the sort of thing
> people often screw up messing with %INC or eval/requires make sense.

I've always hated the fact that Module::Loaded and friends duplicate the
code that Perl already has internally. A 'nice core API' would be a
simple XS wrapper to the perl internal functions.

It might also prevent surprises. For example, if Foo.pm provides
packages Foo and Bar, Module::Loaded will only report a result for Foo
and not for Bar.

-- Johan