Re: av_extend / av_extend_guts

Leon Timmermans
September 29, 2012 12:14
Re: av_extend / av_extend_guts
Message ID:
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Peter Martini <> wrote:
> av_extend is a small function that checks/calls if the array has tied magic
> and then calls av_extend_guts.
> av_extend_guts is listed as a private function.
> Can / should av_extend_guts be renamed to av_extend_nomg?

I don't think so. Ties on arrays and hashes are much more complicated
than just magic proper. It can make actual sense to us _nomg on
scalars because you don't want to trigger some kind of magic twice.
For array/hash magic this use-case just doesn't exist. I'd firmly be
into «Doctor, it hurts when I poke into my own eyes» territory IMO.