Re: [perl #72292] ext/POSIX/t/sigaction.t failing in core but onlywith harness

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
September 26, 2012 03:20
Re: [perl #72292] ext/POSIX/t/sigaction.t failing in core but onlywith harness
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jFcWuXF0YmERx88tNwrzmpjtMCS4nB4z7tGiM6DxK-wg@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:25 AM, James E Keenan via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Are you still looking to have this patch evaluated?

%SIGRT is a buggy piece of crap, in fact I think no signal ever worked
at all except SIGRTMIN (not that it ever described how they should
work). It should probably be ripped out, or rewritten from scratch. I
vote on the former, since I've never seen the use of having a second
signal hash in the first place.

> If so, could someone review the RT and the patch?

Not sure such an ancient version of glibc is still that relevant, but
I don't object to it necessarily. I would prefer a more semantic check
(like the existing skips), but I'm not sure that's available.

Leon