[perl #87474] make Makefile.aperl creates wrong result for Pango module

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 25, 2012 20:21
Subject:
[perl #87474] make Makefile.aperl creates wrong result for Pango module
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1348629705-25.87474-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Apr 01 02:47:07 2011, schmorp@schmorp.de wrote:

> This is a bug report for perl from schmorp@schmorp.de,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.3.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> The Makefile.aperl created by "make Makefile.aperl" in the Pango
>    module
> from CPAN doesn't contain the Pango module itself in MAP_STATIC,
> and the resulting perl binary contains Pango, but doesn't define a
> Pango::bootstrap function.
>
> The intermediate reason for this is that this check in
>    MM_Unix:staticmake fails:
>
>     if (@{$self->{C}}) {
>
> so the Pango.a isn't found when creating MAP_STATIC as blib isn't
>    included
> the the searchdir.
>
> This might well be a bug in Pango, but I didn't see an obvious bug in
>    its
> Makefile.PL.
>
> Changing this tets to be always true worked for me.

Let's have this first examined by the maintainers of Pango.

Moved to rt.cpan.org:  https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=79860

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---