[perl #73022] \N{NAME} can't be in utf8 successfully

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 24, 2012 16:05
Subject:
[perl #73022] \N{NAME} can't be in utf8 successfully
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1348527945-1767.73022-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Mar 01 06:53:12 2010, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:
> Abigail wrote:
> > Well, if we require names to start with characters matching /\pL/,
> > we won't get into trouble if in a few years, it's decided that in
> > quantifiers, all Unicode digits may be used.
> >

> > Abigail
> >
> I'm persuaded.  I'll add a patch when the gates are open again.

Are you planning to pursue this?  Note that the necessary changes for
the tokenizer are already done, but unapplied.  See the patch at
<https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=107008#txn-1099252>.
This, of course, cannot be applied until you do the work to reduce the
set of allowed characters.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---