RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 23, 2012 01:50
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D29D5EA@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Ricardo Signes

> I also think that there's already some talk about getting
> real error objects,
> which is going to be a pretty good place to sort out
> backcompat and error

I only hope expanded explanation will not sit in perl517.dll file,
probably your error object will solve that :)

> messages.  Right now, probably what we want are some tickets
> letting us know
> what error messages we want to change when we feel somewhat freer.

... and also some care, because in perl source tree there are some
occurences of "$@ =~ /.../" substring. such as

  if ( $@ =~ /Can't locate/ && -d 'lib' ) {
    local @INC = ('lib',@INC);
    eval $eval;
  }

and only night gnomes know how much exactly are present in legacy
programs.