Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 22, 2012 18:45
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
20120923014539.GA3912@cancer.codesimply.com

I realize I'm late to the party, but I wanted to weigh in just a bit.

I think that improving error messages continually is good, and that the changes
suggested in this thread were, more or less, an improvement.  Not every one and
none of them perfect, probably, but better.

I also think that there's already some talk about getting real error objects,
which is going to be a pretty good place to sort out backcompat and error
messages.  Right now, probably what we want are some tickets letting us know
what error messages we want to change when we feel somewhat freer.

--
rjbs