Re: HINT_BLOCK_SCOPE leaking at run time with perl 5.12-5.14 on Windows

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
September 20, 2012 18:02
Re: HINT_BLOCK_SCOPE leaking at run time with perl 5.12-5.14 on Windows
Message ID:
CADED=K7rFG9YAkr99bV1Hu3Lg2FQsoCcHPgbgfdF=pse7FutCA@mail.gmail.com
On 20 September 2012 22:57, Vincent Pit <perl@profvince.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why
>
>    perl -le "print sub { (caller 0)[8] }->()"
>
> prints 256 on Windows with perl 5.12, but 0 with 5.10.1?

I'm not sure what versions are affected, but with recent perls (5.16,
5.17) I see the above printing 0 in default builds, but it prints 256
if USE_SITECUSTOMIZE is switched on *and* the site\lib folder
exists(!).

(The default installation layout is:

C:\perl\bin - binaries
C:\perl\lib - libraries
C:\perl\site\lib - empty location for CPAN libraries to go

With USE_SITECUSTOMIZE enabled your one-liner initially prints 256
with the above layout, but if you delete the empty lib folder from
C:\perl\site then the one-liner prints 0 again! The default build
without USE_SITECUSTOMIZE is not affected in this way.)