Remove option to build without USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES on Windows?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
September 20, 2012 15:32
Subject:
Remove option to build without USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES on Windows?
Message ID:
CADED=K50YDC-QBLFioBsZQS6AgHrFxiAFeSwx0hPmAMc-dX+yQ@mail.gmail.com
There is a #define in win32/win32.h called USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES,
which is always defined unless manually removed from the code. It is
commented:

/* Define USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES to enable emulation of windows sockets as
 * real filehandles. XXX Should always be defined (the other version
is untested) */

Out of interest I tested the other version -- with the #define
removed. Sure enough, it failed numerous tests which normally pass
(see below).

Is there any need to keep the currently rather broken version in the
code? It isn't a big maintenance problem, but I've certainly no
interest in fixing the brokenness, and it would simplify a few things
slightly to be rid of it.

op/sselect.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 11 Failed: 2)
  Failed tests:  10-11