[perl #114498] List slice *sometimes* ignores undefined items

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 19, 2012 09:58
Subject:
[perl #114498] List slice *sometimes* ignores undefined items
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1348073884-646.114498-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Sep 06 16:48:06 2012, aristotle wrote:
> * Father Chrysostomos via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2012-09-03
01:20]:
> > So it seems the new behaviour was not actually implemented as
> > intended.
>
> Phew. I’m very glad to hear the current behaviour was not by design,
> much less by Larry’s design… but is in fact an implementation bug. In
> which case – yes please, let’s get rid of the Surprise! “feature”.

Attached is a patch, but I had to change some tests added by the patch
from ticket #39882.

I do think this should change, though.

Would you be willing to write a doc patch?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open