[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 18, 2012 18:50
Subject:
[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1348019449-827.113974-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jul 08 04:17:50 2012, demerphq wrote:
> On 8 July 2012 13:03, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7 July 2012 15:50, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org>
> wrote:
> >> I went and reviewed the original thread about 'our' here:
> >> http://markmail.org/thread/37ma5sf2fr75dwxt -- once again taking us
> to the
> >> summer of 1999!
>
> I just read further and now I see that Larry intended this behavior.
> So I withdraw most of my comments in this thread. Sorry for the noise.
>
> Yves

This ticket generated a lot of discussion but, AFAICT, no usable patches.

I propose that we close the ticket and will do so in seven days unless
there is a significant objection.  I recommend that if someone wishes to
pursue the discussion, submit a patch in a new RT.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open