[perl #46581] perlop Document clarification

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 18, 2012 18:41
Subject:
[perl #46581] perlop Document clarification
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1348018888-702.46581-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jun 10 04:30:06 2012, davem wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:40:06AM -0700, Linda W wrote:
> > Dave Mitchell wrote:
>
> It's hard to guess all possible side effects, and they may change over
> time, so I don't think there's any benefit to trying to enumerate
> them. Off the top of my head I can think of overloading.
>
> I think that the text should be left is-as, but with an additional
> sentence explaining that the mutator forms explicitly don't warn about
> an
> undefined LHS.

Dave,

Do you still wish to supply that additional sentence to perlop?

Otherwise, I propose that we close this ticket.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open