Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
September 18, 2012 03:32
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
20120918103211.GB3765@fernweh.plasmasturm.org
* Michael Stapelberg <p5p@zekjur.net> [2012-09-18 11:45]:
> Thanks for this suggestion. One important thing is missing, though:
>
> 'perhaps you forgot to install _the Perl module_ "LWP::UserAgent"?'

Maybe “perhaps you forgot to install the "LWP::UserAgent" module?”.
The other phrasing reads very stilted to me, and the mention of Perl
doesn’t seem necessary as most module names are distinctive enough all
by themselves. Just adding “module” should push the Perl-related hits
way up on almost all remaining searches. From there out the best way to
help is probably with “how do I install this?” links in the module info
templates of search.cpan.org/MetaCPAN.

Regards,