RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 18, 2012 02:51
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D24571B@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Aristotle Pagaltzis
> Obviously the solution is not to
> stick a copy of the user manual into the error message, but
> neither can
> it be to do nothing for fear of bloat. Instead it calls for
> the exercise
> of some editorial taste and chops: keep it short and sweet
> and useful –
> as short as possible under those goals but no shorter.

To my taste, current message is just perfect,

but - if new words are really necessary to add -

please be as short as possible in such messages, because
these sit in perl516.dll

D:\perl-tests\perl-5.16.0\bin>strings perl516.dll |grep "Can't locate"
Can't locate package %-p for @%2p::ISA
Can't locate object method "%-p" via package "%-p" (perhaps you forgot to load "%-p"?)
Can't locate object method "%-p" via package "%2p"
Can't locate %s
Can't locate %s in @INC%s%s (@INC contains:%-p)
Can't locate %s:   %s
Can't locate object method "%s" via package "%-p"

Current suggestion suggests to make it thrise as big...... :o :o