RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 18, 2012 00:27
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D2455CF@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Eric Brine
> 	    Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.12.4
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
> /usr/lib/perl/5.12 /usr/share/perl/5.12
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at -e line 1.
> 	    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
>
> Based on my experience on PerlMonks and StackOverflow, this
> is the most commonly misunderstood error message.

if this message be changed to bigger one, same amount of people
will ask same amount of similar questions, plus you will get
more turbulence,

they will be asking "cpan -i not working on my machine",
i.e. they will start reporting problem from even worse point.

e.g. with a question "cpan -i do not work, please fix this".

you will never predict how error message will affect Q you will see on PM,