RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 18, 2012 00:11
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D2455B7@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Aristotle Pagaltzis
> * Vadim Konovalov <vadim.konovalov@alcatel-lucent.com>

> By that token you can justify any error message text
> whatsoever, because
> the user who already knows what the error message means
> doesn’t need the
> error message to explain itself. That’s a null argument.
>
> Does the added verbosity optimise *against* the expert user? If *that*
> were the case, then there is a trade-off to be made. Then the concern
> voiced by Abigail is an important consideration.

yes, I think so.

> But if the expert is unaffected (or, I agree with Smylers, also gets
> a small benefit) then that argument says nothing.

ok, drop off my mention on experienced user,

lowering messages quality by bloating them with guesses and advices
my bigger concern.