Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Smylers
Date:
September 17, 2012 23:23
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
20120918062314.GJ1846@stripey.com
Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** writes:

> IMO yesterday novices and today experienced people will be grateful
> for short and concise messages, instead of guesses and suggestions
> which could fail or not.

As a non-novice, I'd still be grateful for the error message to include
the Module::Name rather than just Module/Name.pm. Apart from anything
else it makes it copy-and-pastable to, for example, a cpanm command --
even though that isn't always what I want to do.

Smylers
--
New series of TV puzzle show 'Only Connect' (some questions by me)
Mondays at 20:30 on BBC4, or iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect