RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 17, 2012 23:12
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D24557D@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: ikesuke@gmail.com On Behalf Of Eric Brine
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Konovalov, Vadim wrote:
> > IMO incomplete advices, which looks like complete list
>
> The use of "try" indicates uncertainty, a possibility of failure.
> That's the very opposite of a complete list.

ok1, then,
a novice could even consider this "try ..." as a complete list, just like I did.
Should such a novice be protected by extra explanation?
Where should we stop protecting novices?

ok2,
in that sentence was "try installing from your distribution or by command 'cpan -i . .'"
now this *is* liiking like a complete list of suggestions, whereas there a re more
ways to fix a problem,
for example hiring a non-novice,

And I want to cite Abigail who just said in parrallel thread:

> [...]

IMO yesterday novices and today experienced people will be grateful for short
and concise messages, instead of guesses and suggestions which could fail or not.