RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 17, 2012 21:57
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D245569@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
>From: ikesuke@gmail.com [mailto:ikesuke@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Eric Brine
>On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Konovalov, Vadim wrote:

>>for example,
>>one of reasons of the said error could be
>> - failure to populate PERL5LIB correctly,
>> - or maybe typo in "use Modullle;"
>> - or network error, so xxxx.pm is not loaded
>> - xxxxx???xxxx (lack of my imagination makes me fail to write this item,
>>   but it do exist, I know that)
>> - or whatever else, in future there is something else that is not happening
>>   today but causing said error
>>
>>and your proposal focuses in only "Try installing LWP::UserAgent from your
>>distribution or via CPAN.", fails to observe others cases, and this
>>is not good.

> Are you saying the advice causes harm when the error is
> something other than a missing module? I don't see it. When
> someone asks about this error on a support site or if he
> googles it, that's exactly the same advice he'll get, yet I
> haven't heard of a single person harmed by this.

IMO incomplete advices, which looks like complete list, but actually
are not - are just low quality advices.

maybe they do not harm, or maybe that harm is low enough to not appear
in google search (I use another search resource, BTW, why narrowing?)

but these advice are just that: they are  low quality.