Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
September 17, 2012 10:05
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
CALJW-qF1jrhk8wfESGe5-8HH4mvg4gsddO3iVOzWpWBjwVAfJg@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Michael Stapelberg <p5p@zekjur.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I’ve been dealing with people who have little to no experience with
> Perl over several years. A very common problem for people who are new to
> Perl is to figure out why a Perl script does not work when it spits
> something in their face along the lines of
>
>     Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.12.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.12 /usr/share/perl/5.12
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at -e line 1.
>     BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

Based on my experience on PerlMonks and StackOverflow, this is the most
commonly misunderstood error message.