Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 17, 2012 03:30
Re: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
CANgJU+VT_sybn1ets7+WbWS3+nckvbOuTg=RXTaBvrEQxzJRTQ@mail.gmail.com
On 17 September 2012 12:20, Michael Stapelberg <p5p@zekjur.net> wrote:
> Hi demerphq,
>
> demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> writes:
>> I think you should patch the diagnostics.
> The problem with just patching diagnostics is that those people who
> would benefit from the new error message are not the people who use
> diagnostics.

So then this is an XY problem right?

You are asking us to change the error message (X) in an attempt to
work around the problem that newbies don't use diagnostics (Y).

But instead you should be asking how we can solve Y, which is "how do
we make sure that newbies know about and use diagnostics".

Yves