RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
September 17, 2012 02:59
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E3D2452F8@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Michael Stapelberg
> "Konovalov, Vadim  writes:

> The single and only point of my attempt to improve the error
> message is
> to make it simple. Of course you are right that it does not cover 100%
> of all possible problems. But neither can it ever, nor should
> it try to.

ok, the failed logic in your suggested error mesage is following.

your "Try installing LWP::UserAgent from your distribution or via CPAN. "
looks like only 1 single way to me ("try installing") with suggested 2 ways
of doing this (either "from your distribution" or "via CPAN")

whereas there are gazillion more ways of resolving problem (not one).

and there are gazillion more ways of installing the module (not two).

After re-reading I agree that the part "The above error is most likely caused
by Perl not finding.... "
isn't bad for my taste, although this isn't much an addition, I think.

For me, old message was clear enough, new message maybe some better,
but, being more verbose - it is longer to read.

Maybe it worth it. Maybe not. I do not kno :)