RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Michael Stapelberg
Date:
September 17, 2012 02:42
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
x6pq5lasus.fsf@midna.zekjur.net
Hi Vadim,

"Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR **" <vadim.konovalov@alcatel-lucent.com>
writes:
> and your proposal focuses in only "Try installing LWP::UserAgent from your
> distribution or via CPAN.", fails to observe others cases, and this
> is not good.
>
> I do not see how this is resolved in your said URL.
My latest proposal says "The above error is most likely caused by",
which acknowledges that there might be other causes. As brought up
elsewhere in this thread, developers know how to fix this error anyways,
and they can use (and understand!) "diagnostics".

The single and only point of my attempt to improve the error message is
to make it simple. Of course you are right that it does not cover 100%
of all possible problems. But neither can it ever, nor should it try to.

--
Best regards,
Michael