DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #132

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
September 17, 2012 02:27
Subject:
DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #132
Message ID:
20120917092722.GQ3538@iabyn.com
This week I continued work on making the regex engine safe in the presence
of non-\0-terminated strings. This is so far visible in a series of
commits I've pushed which eliminates PL_reginput from the regex engine.
S_regmatch() used to use both this interpreter variable and a local var,
locinput, in an unnecessarily complex ballet to track the current match
position. After the change it just uses locinput, and the t/re/*.t tests
run about 0.5% faster (which is probably just noise, but hey, it sounds
good!).

Further to that, I have the not-needing-null code written, but it's
currently breaking tests, so needs further work.

Report for period 2012/09/10 to 2012/09/16 inclusive

SUMMARY
-------

    Effort (HH::MM):

        0:00 diagnosing bugs
       28:30 fixing bugs
        0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
        0:00 reviewing ticket histories
        0:00 review the ticket queue (triage)
       -----
       28:30 TOTAL

    Numbers of tickets closed:

           0 tickets closed that have been worked on
           0 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
           0 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
       -----
           0 TOTAL

DETAIL
------

[perl #3634] Capture corruption through self-modying regexp (?{...})

    2012/09/10  2:45 fix

    2012/09/12  8:10 fix

    2012/09/13  6:45 fix

    2012/09/14  4:55 fix