RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found

From:
Michael Stapelberg
Date:
September 17, 2012 00:53
RE: Changing the Perl error message when a module is not found
Message ID:
x6y5k9axvw.fsf@midna.zekjur.net
Hi Vadim,

"Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR **" <vadim.konovalov@alcatel-lucent.com>
writes:
> I dislike this advice, because this guess is correct in some 90%
> cases but is wrong in other 10%, and dealing with error in these
> 10% becomes harder.
>
> Next, it suggests one way of resolving but does not suggests another,
> which is also bad..
>
> Wrong guesses from SW are bad, IMO.
> Especially when they trying to help newbies with a cost of confusing
> ordinary users.
Please see my latest proposal, which addresses all of your concerns:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.perl5.porters/114613/focus=114673

--
Best regards,
Michael