[perl #114280] Carp's longmess() and shortmess() should be documented

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 14, 2012 18:34
Subject:
[perl #114280] Carp's longmess() and shortmess() should be documented
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1347672856-473.114280-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 26 19:32:38 2012, perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org wrote:
> * James E Keenan via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2012-07-
> 26T19:12:12]
> > >
> > > However, longmess() and shortmess() are still exported.
> >
> > Confirmed.  Any identifier which is exportable must be documented.
>
> You know, I have been using those for ages, and one day I realized
> they weren't
> documented.  What a relief to learn that once upon a time they were.
>
> They should be, again.  I'd love to know just what was so unreasonable
> about
> them, compared to the "normal" bits of Carp, since I've got code that
> uses
> them.
>
> They should be documented.  If they need a "but don't use these,
> because XYZ"
> then so be it.

Is the patch I submitted on July 26 acceptable?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open