[perl #114888] Bleadperl v5.17.3-292-g9ef8d56 breaks OVID/Data-Dumper-Simple-0.11.tar.gz

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 13, 2012 14:32
Subject:
[perl #114888] Bleadperl v5.17.3-292-g9ef8d56 breaks OVID/Data-Dumper-Simple-0.11.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1347571964-842.114888-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Sep 13 13:42:27 2012, ambs@perl-hackers.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as can see, there is a change on blead that breaks some
>    modules.
> But with the description on the commit I do not understand what is
>    going
> on :)
>
> Probably it is something I can fix on my module...?

More likely a mistake in my assumptions.  I’ll look into it.

Basically, when you write:

    my $x;
    sub { $x }

it should be possible for the newly-created sub to share its list of
variable names with every other sub created by that line, since it is
theoretically immutable at run time.

So I made it do that to make closure creation slightly faster.

But apparently something isn’t working quite right.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new