Can PL_comppad_name be set at run time? ([perl #113930] Lexical subs)

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 10, 2012 14:48
Subject:
Can PL_comppad_name be set at run time? ([perl #113930] Lexical subs)
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1347313679-1596.113930-14-0@perl.org
Is there any reason PL_comppad_name should not be set at run time, like
PL_comppad?  I presume it is not currently set because nothing is using it.

If we could set it in pp_entersub, I could simplify the lexical sub
implementation, reducing it by about a hundred lines.

--

Father Chrysostomos