Re: [perl #114052]http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
September 4, 2012 05:25
Re: [perl #114052]http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.1/README.solaris#GCC
Message ID:
20120904122539.GE2913@iabyn.com
On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:07:59AM -0700, Nikolay Nishin wrote:
> Hi Perl, for Solaris may be make more verbose readme

>gunzip perl-5.12.1.tar.gz
> tar xf perl-5.12.1.tar
> cd perl-5.12.1

I think if someone can;'t work out that bit for themselves, they really
shouldn't be building their own perls.

> to use make add /usr/ccs/bin/ - sure (you write about it)

Yes, we say "Include /usr/ccs/bin/ in your PATH".

>to use gcc add
> /usr/sfw/bin/ so befor

It's a while now since I've used Solaris, but I'm not aware of that being
a standard location for installing gcc. Perhaps we should hadd a sentence
in the "GCC" section thats suggests checking that gcc is in your path?

> add to readme pleasealso if it virtualbox then mount win7 directory to unix
> directory: mount -F vboxfs -o uid=100,gid=10 solaris /mnt/vbox_share

I know nothing about virtualbox, but these instructions look exceedingly
non-generic.

--
In economics, the exam questions are the same every year.
They just change the answers.