[perl #114182] block_start()/block_end() should be part of the public API

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 3, 2012 21:36
Subject:
[perl #114182] block_start()/block_end() should be part of the public API
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1346733359-350.114182-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jul 18 00:18:35 2012, l.mai@web.de wrote:

> This is a bug report for perl from l.mai@web.de,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.16.0.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> Function::Parameters currently ships with a 1000-line file containing
>    a copy of
> random parts of pad.c and op.c, all because
>    Perl_block_start/Perl_block_end in
> op.c aren't exported.
>
> This should be changed because without the ability to create new
>    blocks, custom
> keywords (as in PL_keyword_plugin) are rather limited in what they can
>    do.

I see nothing wrong with this.  Do we have any volunteers to write tests
and docs?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---