Re: [perl #114674] 'package' docs say 'our' is lexical (?)

From:
Linda W
Date:
September 3, 2012 21:00
Re: [perl #114674] 'package' docs say 'our' is lexical (?)
Message ID:
50457CC7.2040101@tlinx.org
Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> On Thu Aug 30 16:04:51 2012, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:
>
>> It is correct. C<our> creates a lexical variable which is aliased to a
>> package variable. Others have provided examples.
>>

> And the documentation for ‘our’ was expanded in bleadperl recently, when
> someone asked almost the same question.  So I am marking this as resolved.

Was it also mentioned that if they want package variables, they need to use
"use vars"?  and was the deprecation notation removed from use vars?